If you company is using a custom fitted environment, adopt it in BD 2019 version and upgrade the software version changes to it as instructed below.
Adopt the Custom Fitted Environment
- Install the BD 2019 (25.0) standard version according to instructions.
- Copy the customer fitted "custom" and "shared" folders from the BD 2018 (24.0) version over the BD 2019 (25.0) standard version.
Note: Copy over the folder to get the new files included in the "custom" folder of the standard version in use.
- Make a copy of the template project folders included in the ../shared/template/projects folder of the BD 2019 (25.0) standard version (copy to C:/temp folder, for example).
- Copy the "custom" and "shared" folders from the previous version to the BD 2019 (25.0) version.
Select "Replace original files", when the operating system asks you to.
- Delete or rename the template project copied from the previous version: for example ../shared/template/projects/TEMPL-BASIC to TEMPL-BASIC_old (if there was one). Rename, if you wish to keep a project or parts of it!
- Move the template project folders from the C:/temp folder to the \shared\template\projects folder of the BD 2019 (25.0) version.
- If you know that the ../user/SETUP file has custom fitted settings, copy them from the ../user/SETUP file of the previous version to the ../user/SETUP file of the BD 2019 (25.0) version, if there are any.
Note: Just copy the settings from one file to the other, do not replace the user\setup file in the new version with the one from the old version.
- Enable the system administration functions by setting the keyword in the ../user/SETUP file:
- Start Vertex BD.
- The custom update function starts automatically.
- Select the latest version you have used from the Previous update list. If the last version you updated was 2018 (24.0), it is selected by default in the list.
- Confirm by clicking OK. Analysis of the Custom folder takes a while. Finally, you will see a list of the conducted measures.
- Open your own template projects (if you have any) in the BD 2019 (25.0) version and save them to change the version of the projects.
- Test the BD 2019 (25.0) version before the deployment and notify the BD helpdesk of the possible faults.
If you are using a version older than the BD 2013 (19.0), please contact the support service to ensure that the environment can be copied directly to the BD 2019 environment.
Update Custom Files
Update software version changes to custom fitted files by using the custom update function. The function starts automatically when you have followed the steps described above and started the program.
If necessary, you can also start the function by selecting System | Update Custom.
Files to be Updated
The system update function performs the following operations.
Draft settings of a view in a panel drawing
The properties of a view in a panel drawing has a new tab Draft for defining the drawing properties of lines according to material thickness. The feature is intended to be used in steel structure design. The tab has been added to the format file in the system folder, system/forms/stred_view. If you are using a customer-fitted format file, the system update function will rename it: custom/forms/obsolete_stred_view. After this, the program uses the format file in the system folder.
Floor or ceiling sheathing tool library
The function sets the type of the field CODE (Name) in the customer-fitted FRMTOOL_GEN_SHEET database (for example custom/complibs/frmtool_gen_sheet_cus/d_FRMTOOL_GEN_SHEET) to be UNIQUE.
Wall panel horizontal batten tool library
The function adds a new field to the customer-fitted FRMTOOL_HBATTEN database (for example custom/complibs/frmtool_hbatten_cus/d_FRMTOOL_HBATTEN).
- PCE_MIN_LEN – Batten minimum length
If the format file connected to the database is customer-specific, you must also add the field to this format file, or you can start using the format file in system folder (system/forms/frmtool_hbatten). The file in the system folder will be used when you rename the file in the custom/forms folder.
Profile library property data
The function corrects the shape definitions of certain profiles in the profprop file of a profile library. The libraries are hfrhs, hfshs, cfrhs and cfshs. The new or updated lines are:
"mat_param= S.SHAPE RHS"
"mat_param= L.MATER.CODE S235JR|S275JR|S355JR"
Wall framing tool library
Following operations are performed for the steel design program environments.
The function adds new fields to the customer-fitted WALL_FRM database (for example custom/complibs/walls/std_wall_frm/d_WALL_FRM):
The function adds default values for the following fields in the customer-fitted WALL_FRM database, if they are not set:
- TRS_HGT - default value 300
- TRS_HGT2 - default value 300
- TRS_HGT3 - default value 300
- STUDGAPFORBRACE - default value "DEFAULT"
The function adds new wall panel framing details if they are missing:
These wall panel framing details were not added correctly in the previous version, and they will be added again:
Building code can be used for truss design in steel environments. The function moves building code related data into custom/complibs/buildingcodes.