Cursor indicates if pop-up features are available
The "box bar" icon appears in the lower right corner of the cursor when there are pop up menu options available in the context-sensitive menu.
- These otherwise hidden functions can be found in several drawing functions.
Auxiliary functions are now closer to the cursor
The auxiliary functions that were previously on the left side of the window are now available in the context-sensitive menu.
If you prefer the older method, add a keyword to the user / SETUP file, and set the value to 0 (zero):
Below is an example of the dimensioning auxiliary functions.
Speed up your work, use favorites in component browser
Add frequently used components to the favorites folder. Find them quickly and easily. Favorite items are available in all browser views for components, joints and different kind of framing accessories.
Add the functions you need above the context-sensitive menu
You can customize a context-sensitive pop-up menu by adding the functions of your choice to the menu. Use the configuration button to access the functions in the Edit pop-up menu window.
The menus are mode-specific. In other words, you can collect separate menus for the following modes:
- Drawing-Model Pair
- Drawing Sheet
- View Drawing
- Panel Drawing
- Part Drawing
- Edit Panel
- Opening Sheet
- Roof Diagram
- Single Truss State (Engineering)
- Component-specific menu, when single or multiple components of one type is selected.
Vertex BD has shortcut keys that could be previously adjusted in the system settings. Now there is a function for editing the shortcut keys.
- File > Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts
You can find the available functions on the left side of the window.
On the right side there are columns for functions and keys (+ for key combinations)
- The title allows you to arrange the columns in ascending or descending order.
Add a shortcut key:
- Select function (left side).
- Open the context-sensitive menu: Define a shortcut.
- Press the key or key combination to connect the function to the key combination.
- If the key (key combination) is already used for another function according to the supplier's default settings, the original function will be moved to the column Default shortcut.