Sites for Downloading and Upgrading Vertex CAD Software
- When the Vertex software can be installed or updated, you will receive an email message which includes the internet address where you can download the installation and upgrade packages.
- Depending on the application, the message is sent from email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- When you use the link in the email, you do not need a user name or password.
- The message is sent to the person that has been marked as the Technical contact person in the customer register of Vertex Systems Oy.
- A service pack is an update for the main version. It cannot be used for upgrading the main version to the next main version.
- Discover the History of Service Packs
If previous software versions have been installed on your computer, the installation programs asks what you would like to do:
- Select installation, if you wish to install a new program.
- Select update, if you wish to update the program.
Close all Vertex CAD programs before installing or upgrading.
One User Installation
- One user is an installation in which the software is installed to a single workstation.
- The software is used only on the workstation in question.
- This is a typical situation if the customer has only one license and one designer.
- One user installation is needed alongside a network server installation, if the designer uses a laptop on business trips and thus is not connected to the local network.
Network Server Installation
- Network server installation is an installation in which all workstation license users use the common software environment on the network server.
- For the program to run as fast as possible, all workstations need to be connected to the local network.
- The created documents are instantly available to all designers.