These instructions cover the one user installation of Vertex CAD version 2021 (27.0) to a workstation.
Follow the instructions you have received to download the installation package, and save it to the C:\TEMP folder, for example.
Extract the compressed file as follows, for example: select the file and Extract All... from the right-click menu.
- Start the installation or update by double-clicking the installation program install.exe in the extracted folder.
- Make sure you know the protection method of the software and have the required license. Licensing methods are:
- Activation code for the license (NetVID license)
- License file (HASP protection module)
- Local license server (you will need the name of the computer working as the license server and the number of the port using the license service)
- You will find out the computer’s identification code (Virtual ID) only when you try to start the Vertex program after the installation.
Start the installation
- Double-click the installation program install.exe in the installation package.
- Confirm the installation (if Windows requires it).
Select the installation language
- The options are Finnish and English.
- However, the installation package solves the language of the installed program, for example directory structure and the names of library components.
Select One User
Accept the license agreement
Accept the data collection agreement
The program sends user information to Vertex Systems Oy during the use of the program.
- This data is used for verifying the software license (NetVID license).
- The data is also used for improving the software quality and user experience.
- This data contains but is not limited to IP address and certain unique identifiers for your system.
Version to be updated
If the installation program asks for the version to be updated, select either of the following:
- Select New installation, if you wish to install a new program.
- Select Update from version, if you wish to update the program.
- Reinstall is rare, and it should not normally be used, as it will mainly remove the old files.
Vertex BD user:
Always select New installation.
Select or type the installation path
- We recommend the default folder to prevent confusion.
- The default folder is C:\vx[..].
- The character string [..] describes the application, for example g4, bd, ed, etc.
- If you want to change to another installation folder, click Browse.
If you are using more than one Vertex CAD programs or more than one installations of the same program, you may first want to create a folder in which to install all the Vertex applications. For example, folder C:\vertex
- C:\vertex\vxg4plant (Vertex G4 Plant and Piping Design)
- C:\vertex\vxed (Vertex ED Electrical Design)
- C:\vertex\vxbd (Vertex BD Building Design)
Allowed characters in the installation path are alphabets (a-z, A-Z), numbers 0-9 and underscore (_).
When you change the installation folder:
- Select a new folder.
- Or type the name and path of the folder to the Path field. To prevent confusion, do not change the name of the actual installation folder (vxg4, vxbd, vxed etc.), even if you change the path.
If you changed the installation path, the program prompts you to take down the installation path:
Select a shortcut icon to be added on your desktop
The installation program asks if you would like to use a license server
- Select No.
- The license server is only used when it has been separately agreed upon and when several Vertex licenses are in use.
Installing or skipping the HASP driver
The installation program asks if the HASP driver included in the installation package is installed.
- If you are using a NetVID license, select No.
If you are using a HASP module, and Vertex has been previously installed on the computer, select No. The driver has already been installed earlier and you do not have to reinstall it.
If you are using a HASP module, and this is the first time Vertex is installed on this computer, select Yes.
- See the installation of the HASP driver on the page Licensing Methods of Vertex CAD Software in section Protection Module...
License file for the HASP protection module
The installation program asks for the location of the license file LICENSE.TXT.
- If you are using a NetVID license, skip the questions by selecting Next.
- If you are using a license file LICENSE.TXT, browse to the folder in which you saved it.
- You can also copy the license file to the user folder after the installation. In this case, skip the questions by selecting Next and Yes.
- If the program does not ask for the file, it is already included in the installation package.
Check the installation data
- The program shows the installation folder and the language of the software package.
- Click Next to confirm the installation.
The program shows the duration of the installation.
You can follow the progress of the installation from the Hidden Console opened in the background.
Associating the Vertex files with this installation
- If the Vertex file extensions (.vxp, .vxm, .vxz) have already been associated to a Vertex software, the installation program asks if you would like to change the association to the software now being installed.
- If you are installing the latest version of the same software, select Yes.
- If you are using different Vertex applications (for example BD and G4), select the association according to the application you mainly use.
The program tells you that the installation is finished
- Confirm by clicking Finish.