Installation and Upgrade
To download Vertex BD installer package, please contact Vertex Systems or request a free 30-day trial.
Sites for Downloading and Updating Vertex CAD Software
- When the Vertex software can be installed or updated, you will receive an email message which includes the internet address where you can download the installation and update packages.
- When you use the link in the email, you do not need a user name or password.
- The message is sent to the person that has been marked as responsible for maintenance in the customer register of Vertex Systems Oy.
- A service pack is an update for the main version. It cannot be used for upgrading the main version to the next main version.
- Discover the History of Service Packs
Upgrade for the main version
- The new main version is released once a year.
- You can upgrade the main version either by using the upgrade function or by performing a new installation and copying the customer-specific directories and data on top of the new installation.
If previous software versions have been installed on your computer, the installation programs asks what you would like to do:
- Select installation, if you wish to install a new program.
- Select update, if you wish to update the program.
- If the upgrade program does not find the old installation, the program will not suggest an upgrade. In this case, upgrade the program according to the instructions Upgrade Across Multiple Versions.
Close all Vertex CAD programs before installing or upgrading.
Vertex G4 and Flow collaboration
If Vertex G4 is connected to Vertex Flow, both must be upgraded at the same time. Order the Flow main version upgrade from Vertex systems Oy.
One User Installation
- One user installation is an installation that is only used by one user.
- The software is used only on the workstation in question.
- One user installation is needed alongside a network server installation, if you use a laptop on business trips and thus are not connected to the local network, for example.
File server installation (=Network server installation)
- File server installation is an installation in which all workstation users use the common software environment on the network server.
- The use of the program is only supported in the local network.
- The created documents are instantly available to all designers.