Smart and Shared model 2023
New Smart Model - design once, use many times
Save time and reduce repetitive tasks by updating sub-assemblies automatically
A room or a structure can now be designed as a Smart Model to be used in many places. For example, an apartment building may have several identical bathrooms and only a few different bathrooms.
In this case, you'll need to design the bathroom only once and duplicate it to each unit. In case of a design change, only the main model needs to be updated and all changes are automatically updated everywhere where the main model has been used. Simply remove the link to the main model from the bathroom that deviates, and it won't get updated automatically. The Smart Model can also be used in panel detailing, for example in the openings.
- Can be updated easily
- Parts are editable in the model in the same way as any other component
- It allows the user to make changes to objects of the sub-project and also in the main project
- Part of the main project, for example panels
- When structures are unique, but they contain similar part assemblies, you can design it once and use in multiple places -> speeding up the design process
- Works with objects
- G4 parts and G4 assemblies supported
- Panel drawings will be copied between the main project and the sub-project when the smart model is updated to the main project
- Includes joints
- No support for 2d macros
- No support for the Option System
- Smart Model is included in the Sub Projects add-on option of Vertex BD.
Shorten the project turnaround time with the Shared Model
Several people can work on the project at the same time
To keep the lead time of the project short, several designers need to work simultaneously. Now you can share the Vertex BD 3D model with several different designers, so that different parts of the project can be designed at the same time. For example, one works with the wall panels, another with the floor panels, the third with the dry walls, the fourth adds utility holes and so on. When people work within the same 3D model, design time is reduced and the number of errors decreases.
Share work with multiple users
Share part of the model as a shared model for multiple users
Share for a structural designer, HVAC designer etc. separately
Share 1st-floor walls for one person, 2nd-floor walls for another, and floor framing for 3rd person, for example - all can work in separate models
Update shared model
When the designer work is done, all changes can be updated to the main model (all added objects will be copied to the main model)
You can update the master model to the shared model
Benefits and notifications
Great time saver - shorter design lead time
Predesign the design process carefully before sharing
No support for the Option System
- Shared Model is included in the Sub Projects add-on option of Vertex BD.
NOTE: Shared model cannot be shared ”again”