Installation and Upgrade of Vertex CAD Programs
Sites for Downloading and Upgrading Vertex CAD Software
- When the Vertex software can be installed or updated, you will receive an email message which includes the internet address where you can download the installation and upgrade packages.
- When you use the link in the email, you do not need a user name or password.
- The message is sent to the person that has been marked as the Technical contact person in the customer register of Vertex Systems Oy.
- A service pack is an update for the main version. It cannot be used for upgrading the main version to the next main version.
- Discover the History of Service Packs
If previous software versions have been installed on your computer, the installation programs asks what you would like to do:
- Select installation, if you wish to install a new program.
- Select update, if you wish to update the program.
Close all Vertex CAD programs before installing or upgrading.
Vertex FLOW Connected Vertex G4
If Vertex G4 is connected to Vertex Flow both must be upgraded at the same time
In order to upgrade the Vertex Flow major version please contact Vertex Systems Oy.
One User Installation
- One user is an installation in which the software is installed to a single workstation.
- The software is used only on the workstation in question.
- This is a typical situation if the customer has only one license and one designer.
- One user installation is needed alongside a network server installation, if the designer uses a laptop on business trips and thus is not connected to the local network.
Network Server Installation
- Network server installation is an installation in which all workstation license users use the common software environment on the network server.
- For the program to run as fast as possible, all workstations need to be connected to the local network.
- The created documents are instantly available to all designers.