Vertex BD 2021 Release Date November 20, 2020
Major Versions and Service Packs
New major versions (upgrades) are released once a year. These include new features and functionality enhancements.
New features included in recent versions can be found at the following links:
Service Packs (updates) are released about once a month. These include bug fixes and small enhancements. The latest Service Pack includes all previously released service packs for the major version.
Service Pack release notes can be found at the links below:
How to identify the Major Version installation package
Full installation packages are compressed files named after the software version e.g.:
After unpacking the compressed file, you can either install a the Vertex version, upgrade the previous version or update the current version.
How to identify the Service Pack installation package
Service Packs are self-extracting files e.g.:
These updates are for internal patching of the current version. These cannot upgrade an old major version, and should never be used on a different major version than intended.
Network Server vs Single installation
Companies with more than one Vertex BD license can do a network server installation so all designers can work with common models, drawings, and libraries.
- When using a network server, both the major version upgrades and service pack updates should be run on the network server, not on the workstations.
- Workstations will update from the network server at the next re-start.
You may need a new license for the Vertex BD upgrade.
- Find out which technique is used to manage the Vertex software licenses in your company.
- Refer to the installation instructions for software licensing procedures: Vertex BD 2021 licensing.
- Older licensing methods, such as HASP keys and Virtual IDs, will require an updated license file for each major version.
Compatibility of file formats between versions
Vertex BD and DS upgrade