Vertex G4Plant 2021 release date November 6, 2020
Compatibility of file formats between versions
You cannot read models or drawings created or edited with newer major versions in older major versions.
You may need a new license for the Vertex G4 upgrade.
- Find out which technique is used to manage the Vertex software licenses in your company.
- Older licensing methods, such as HASP keys and Virtual IDs, will require an updated license file for each major version.
- Refer to the installation instructions for software licensing procedures: Vertex G4Plant 2021 licensing.
If you work with other Vertex users or your principal has Vertex and you provide them models and / or drawings, you should agree on a common date for the upgrade.
Network Server vs Single installation
Companies with more than one Vertex G4 license should use the network server installation so all designers can work with common models, drawings, and libraries if needed.
- When using a network server, both the major version upgrades and service pack updates should be run on the network server, not on the workstations.
- Workstations will update from the network server at the next re-start.
FLOW Connected Vertex G4Plant
If Vertex G4Plant is connected to Vertex Flow both must be upgraded at the same time
In order to upgrade the Vertex Flow major version please contact Vertex Systems Oy.
Upgrades and Updates
New major versions are released once a year. These include new features and functionality enhancements.
New features included in recent versions can be found at the following links:
Service Packs are released about once a month. These include bug fixes and small enhancements. The latest Service Pack includes all previously released service packs for the major version.
Service Pack updates can be found at the links below:
Identify the Major Version installation package
Full installation packages are compressed files named after the software version e.g.:
After unpacking the compressed file, you can either install a the Vertex version, upgrade the previous version or update the current version.
Identify the Service Pack installation package
Service Packs are self-extracting files e.g.:
These updates are for internal patching of the current version. These cannot upgrade an old major version, and should never be used on a different major version than intended.